The SWINK Charity Trek 2008 Suzie Walks in the North with Keats

Welcome to my blog. I will be keeping this page up to date with developments as I work towards my target to raise £5000 shared between the Lymphoedema Support Network and St Margaret's Somerset Hospice.

Helm Crag

Helm Crag

Thursday 19 June 2008

100 miles to go!

On Saturday 21st June I am off up to the lakes with my sister Jane ,brother Phil and nephew Tom for a weeks charity trekking. (When did we last spend a whole week together? We may all be wrecks by the end of it!) We hope to cover 50 miles in the week and as I managed 15 miles by myself in march I am hopeful I can make it. That will leave another 50 miles to do in August when I go with hubbie Peter and son James (who I expect will avoid walking at all costs!) or in September/October when my firend Sally Thorley has volunteered to come with me and make sure i don't use public transport....

My brother and sister have between them raised over £400 and I have now sent out all my begging emails with the www.justgiving.com/keatswalk link. Fingers crossed. We have over £2,200 pledged now so we are approaching half way to the total which is fantastic.

I am taking the laptop with me so I can sit in Costa Coffee and keep the blog up to date with progress. I am well stocked up on blister plasters, antiseptic, insect repellant, compression hosiery and farrow wraps etc and I expect what we will actually need is waterproofs but hey ho, it was ever thus in the Lakes and is part of it's charm.

Lymphoedema wise my legs are - touchwood -good at present. I have lost over a stone in weight in the last couple of months which makes me lighter on the old tootsies and hopefully my boots will fit properly now. Walking 50 miles in slippers would be an additional challenge I don't really need!

No comments: